Sunday, November 23, 2014

Monday,November 24 finish "Room" and silent discussion on women in art



Zahra's- word of the day: fatidic = prophetic


 In class: all "A Room of One's Own" graphic organizers are due today. I'm taking these as 3 separate participation grades. The expectation is that the factual responses and annotations are complete. You may work with your previous partners or independently today. I will review the material tonight. Those of you who would benefit from added time will have the opportunity tomorrow. 

Those of you who have finished will be participating in a group silent discussion. I will set you up, once everyone is settled. You will receive 2 points additional to your final grade by completing the classwork. 

Learning Targets for Wolfe's "A Room of One's Own"
                             I can read closely for textual details
                             I can annotate a text to support my comprehension and analysis
                             I can engage in a productive, evidence-based  conversation
                             I can determine the meaning of unknown vocabulary from contextual clues
                             I can generate and respond to questions in a scholarly discourse.

Learning Targets for Silent Discussion
                           I can give an objective summary of the image.
                           I can analyze the social, historical and culture milieu of the image.
                           I can analyze the development of the theme and build upon those of my partners.
                           I can demonstrate my understanding of the character by creating a statement that 
                              articulates her thoughts and feelings.
                           
                     



No comments:

Post a Comment