Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Final Project - Hamlet's Depression Diary Entry



A note from the artist:

"In my diary entry, I chose fury and madness as my tone of voice. I used this tone because it expresses one of the emotions that Hamlet feels at that moment. These examples include lines like 'my mother has betrayed my father...everything seems depressing...things never get better, only worse.' The thing that captivates me in this soliloquy is the fact that he is mad that his mother, Gertrude, married Claudius."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this diary entry, dear artist. I'm wondering what "captivates" you so about Hamlet being made at his mother for marrying Claudius - would you similarly be mad if you were in Hamlet's position? Or would you have a different reaction?

    ReplyDelete