Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday, November 21 "Room" day 3




 Above image: 17th century London theatre.

Zahra's word of the day: sciamachy 
1. a fight with an imaginary enemy

Learning Target: I can read closely for textual details
                             I can annotate a text to support my                                                    comprehension and analysis
                             I can engage in a productive, evidence-based                                       conversation
                             I can determine the meaning of unknown                                          vocabulary from contextual clues
                             I can generate and respond to questions in a                                        scholarly discourse.

The last two days have been extremely productive. I have been very impressed at the level of sophisticated conversations and the insightful reflections and comments.

       Please take out the graphic organizers and get with yesterday's groups. For the two individuals who finished, please find a group or individual to support with your comments and ideas.  Try to get as much done as possible, but do not sacrifice substance. I will collect everyone's work at the end of class. Those who have not finished will have an opportunity on Monday, whilst I have a "silent discussion" activity for those who have completed the packet. 

Here's the deal: Work productively today and Monday; on Tuesday we will have a community event to promote continued social harmony and acknowledge a job well done. 




1 comment: